Thursday, June 25, 2009

Dedication

Today has been a day for ME to remember just how lucky I am. I have two beautiful sons, a great job, good friends, and a crazy fun family. My current condition will last for a year or two, but I fully intend to and WILL beat this.

I would like to take a moment to remember of one of my favorite angels, Farrah Fawcett. Since I was a teenager, I would cut my hair just like hers. Everybody wanted to be her and most boys had her poster on their walls. She was as popular and beautiful as....the iconic Corvette! In recent years, she battled her own beast with grace, and hope, and faith. I genuinely appreciate her own walk and sharing it with the world. May she rest in eternal peace in heaven.

For my good friend and MPD Volunteer, Don, who I just learned is now fighting a fierce battle. I know that right now it seems like, "This cannot be happening to me", but I hope you take comfort in knowing that with each day, you are exactly where God wants you to be and he will not give you a mountain that you cannot climb without him.

Finally, breaking news is saying Michael Jackson has died. Sad ending to an individual with an amazing voice who was a musical genius. I hope it isn't true.
Whatever the result, I wish him and his family peace.

1 comment:

  1. You are in our prayers and thoughts. Stay strong. We love you. J and A

    ReplyDelete