Friday, June 12, 2009

Another tumor

The MRI today went well, I guess. No major vein problems and I even looked at the pictures knowing I might not like what I see. After the long trip back and a few hours at work, I called my "team leader" because I just couldn't wait any longer...

There is some concern as they found another tumor in my breast via the MRI. It doesn't appear to look suspicious, but they want an ultrasound and more than likely another biopsy prior to surgery. Not looking forward to that.... BUT - that's the down side!!

On the upside, it appears that this little dragon is staying still for now and that is the best possible news I could have received. It is the first time since June 2d that I relaxed my shoulders or took a deep breath. It was like a huge weight lifting....thank you, Jesus.....thank you, thank you....

You see, if the cancer was already on the move, then it is possible that it had already hit my lymph nodes, and maybe even into my blood stream, and that would not be good at all, so even though another small tumor was found....stillness is good....These days, that's awesome news...

It really doesn't change what lies ahead for me. It "could" change whether I go single or double mastectomy, but at this point, I'm not sure I will change my mind because I don't want it to ever return. This has been dreadful and even if I had enemies, I wouldn't wish this on them. My whole life has been turned around and upside down.

Believe me, I'm not going to complain because I now know that I have a fighting chance, and I like my odds a whole lot more today than I did yesterday.... Regardless of what happens in surgery, I'm having a good Friday.....

1 comment:

  1. MRIs are famous for false positives. I went through a similar round with a scary MRI result that turned out to be a nothing... I felt like my life was sideswiped by the cancer semi when I was diagnosed. Its a big rollercoaster ride - and the first hill is always the biggest and scariest. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete