Thursday, October 21, 2010

4,000 Friends

I think that in two days, I shall go for a nice walk (well....jog actually) with 4,000 of my closest friends. Yep!!! Finally, it's time for the annual Making Strides Against Breast Cancer 5K. My team, The Spice Rack has raised nearly $4,500 and I am so proud of them as they are surely making a difference in a future breast cancer patient's life.

On top of that, so many more folks from work have signed on to go and walk or run as well. I am so pleased that I have possibly inspired them to take a part in something so special to so many cancer patients. Awareness and research will make all the difference for future generations. Last year's Making Strides event CD is done and I got a copy and lo and behold I am in it several times and I say this to all of you, if you have not yet gone to one of these events - DO IT!!!! That day last year changed my perspective entirely. I went from "thinking" I would beat this cancer, to knowing it deep in my soul. I felt it because of all the love and caring and hope that came from that event that day. I am excited to participate again. Thank you Jesus for giving me that opportunity to be here to stroll that same path again....

If you are involved I wish you great strides! Thank you for all you do in helping fund the cure.....until next time....

Hugs~

No comments:

Post a Comment