Monday, September 14, 2009

Back to Work

Today, I returned to work for the first time in about two months. It was a long and tiring day, but it was also very refreshing and uplifting. I enjoy where I work and the people I work with - something I think is very important considering so much time is spent "there". I look forward to getting back on my feet and in the midst of things....a sign that this journey is one day closer to becoming a turned page in my book.

Several well-wishers came by and complimented my hair, which is still a bit strange to me, but I'll have it just long enough to get used to it being short. :) So much to catch up on but I am moving much slower now than when I originally left for surgery, so I am determined to ease back into the pace. Health first, and then I will be more efficient in the job.

I received the "It's a Wrap" wrap for my head today. It is a nice chocolate color made for me by Laurie Erickson and her group at "Its a Wrap". The wrap is lovely but what made the whole package so very special was that inside was a card and the card was signed by the ladies who make the scarves at FranceLuxe.com.....how awesome is that? And then, there is a little fairy attached to the end of it as an extra. And to think they do this, at no charge for all women losing their hair to chemo. There is truly divine intervention.....and I will be honored to proudly wear what they have given to me in love and spirit. Thank you, ladies!

1 comment:

  1. Arla, you are such an inspiration to all of us. You have always been a positive burst of energy and love and we are praying for you. You are on our prayer list at church. You are a wonderful friend--keep the faith! We love you dear!! Joey and Kathy Hardy

    ReplyDelete