Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Changes Every day....

First, I'd like to thank everyone for all the birthday wishes and lovely gifts! I didn't even realize that it was here with everything else going on and *poof* another year has rolled by! The upside is that next year - I'll be ready for it!! :)

Made it back to Tampa to meet w/the Chief of Reconstruction, Dr. Gould, today. I've been having what I thought was a minor issue (redness/swelling) with my left breast. It seemed to start when they took out the drain last week. Dr. Gould was very concerned and almost put me back in the hospital today. At my request, she allowed me to come home and has arranged for me to go back into surgery not later than Monday morning. Apparently, I have quite an infection - hopefully just the skin so they need to clean it all up and they want to close the incision a little better, I guess. So, they will re-work BOTH incisions (left and right). Right now I'm a little down about it (from the pain perspective), but I know that this too shall pass.....with good painkillers - and less morphine....The hope is to do the surgery and get me back home where I can rest.

Each day that goes by is one day closer to my being completely free of this....and that is what I will continue to focus on. Love to all - have a wonderful evening!!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Arla,
    Deb Barfield here.... Just want you to know that I have been thinking of you and praying for you. As well as reading your blogs.

    What a courageous young woman you are. I agree with you..... the Lord will see you through this painful part of your life. You are the type of woman we all strive to be like.... STRONG! But FEMININE! Your are beautiful inside and out. And like you said in your blog, this too will pass. Hang in there and when you just cant bear anymore, lay it at the Lord's feet. He will give you strength as you read His word. He will give you beauty for ashes and you will be strengthend by the joy He will impart into your heart. Please know you are loved.
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Deb! That gentle reminder is perfect timing.....love ya my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ms. tweedy, sorry to learn about your situation. glad things are improving. takes time to heal. my wife jane a 13 year survivor isw available if you have questions or just want to chat. miss you on thursdays at police station. will keep you in our prayers. you're a fighter everything will be okay. i just know it

    barry

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Barry. Each time I hear of another survivor, it inspires hope in me. I hope you are well. I'll be back to work in early September - see you then!

    ReplyDelete