Saturday, October 29, 2011

For ALL Women

Well, last Saturday, I did walk the Making Strides Breast Cancer walk.  It was a beautiful morning - I mean really spectacular.  At 0700 it was cool and crisp and the sun came out to gently warm us just as the walk began around 0830.

The walk was scheduled to start at 0800 sharp, however, many participants got stuck in traffic, so it was delayed to allow extra time for everyone to begin together.  This year, more than 7,000 people participated in this walk.  That is phenomenal.  Viera is not a huge place to begin with, but it sure has a lot of heart.  The Avenues continue to support this cause with the American Cancer Society and Lexus and each year it just continues to grow. I don't know how much was raised yet, but I'm sure its over the 500K mark.

Every step is magical for me. I know I've said it a hundred times, and I will likely say it another hundred, but I KNOW how lucky I am to have each day, and I take none of it for granted.  To be here and be able to walk along side these other survivors, and family members who walk for those who are no longer here, is completely humbling to me. I find it hard not to cry. Not from pain or poor experiences, but the richness in my heart that I feel every time I am among such a group of committed people.  I feel.....lucky.

There are so many that I carried with me during my walk, and I prayed for each of you.  I had my little list in my shirt.  I always carry you with me, here or not.  One day, there WILL be a cure.  Of course, I also believe it will require environmental changes too.

Anyway, for all of you out there who continue your own battles, know that you are loved and prayed for.  As a matter of fact, 7,000 people prayed for you Saturday morning....wow!  Believe and hang tough. You CAN do this.

Hugs to all ~

No comments:

Post a Comment