Monday, August 16, 2010

14 Months and One Birthday ago.....Making Strides Ever Since

One week ago, I got to celebrate my birthday, an event I really wasn’t sure I would live to see. I continue to hope that one day breast cancer won’t steal another year from anyone and we will have a world with less breast cancer and more birthdays. There are about 60 days left to go before our Making Strides walk…I hope you can find a way to support this magnificent organization. I have a link here on my page.

I also have a friend of mine donating her services to making a quilt that I will be raffling off. She said it will take her two weeks to make. I bought the colors today. It will have pink, a deeper maroon, a cream color, and tan also. The pinker colors are butterflies, which I carefully selected on behalf of my bosom buddy Adrienne, who continues her brave battle with Stage 4 BC. For Relay for Life, the name of the group was Butterflies of Hope and when I saw the butterflies, I knew it was meant to be a part of the quilt.

Anyone wanting to purchase a raffle ticket, please let me know. I am going to sell the tickets for one for $2, 3 for $5, and five for $10. My goal for this year is to reach $1,000 to go to Making Strides - of which I already have almost $385 in donations from several generous friends and family. As soon as I can, I will get a photo posted on here.

I'm off for my outfit fitting for Thursday's makeover that Making Strides has so generously selected me for.

And school starts again tomorrow night - I've decided to tack on the other two courses to get a dual master's degree if my health continues to improve. Wish me good health.... ;)

Love to all ~

No comments:

Post a Comment