Monday, May 24, 2010

Post Surgery

Well, yet again I have another new chest. Last week, they went in, removed the old, inserted new, moved them around to reposition and lasered out a bunch of scar tissue that was encapsulating the implants.

Geez, it was a tough surgery. It didn't take but a couple hours, but I'm quite bruised and swollen this go around. My body is telling me it tired right now and I'm trying to listen, but I did have to return to work this morning. It was very, very difficult. I'm pretty sure that I almost cried many times, but I pushed through it and just asked God for mercy on my girls. Was going to stay in and rest at lunch, but changed my mind and went to Makoto's w/Cdr G. Thanks! I owe ya one.

Finally home and it's early evening, thank goodness. I think I'll enjoy the quiet time....I have a break from school so I'm going to take advantage of it.

Congrats to all my Webster friends who are graduating with their Master's....you lead the way....a big HOOAH! to you. I'm rocking slow and steady and not giving up -one class at a time, carrying a 4.0 GPA, and just recently inducted into Delta Mu Delta. Not too bad for a breast cancer patient.

Hugs to all...

2 comments:

  1. YOU ARE AWESOME AND I AM PROUD OF YOU FOR MAINTAINING THAT 4.0, STAYING IN SCHOOL, GETTING INDUCTED INTO THE HONOR SOCIETY AND MOST IMPORTANTLY NOT GIVING UP...... YOU ARE MY HERO... I INSPIRE TO BE LIKE YOU IF EVER FACED WITH ADVERSITY.....
    YOU GO GIRL!!
    I AM PROUD TO CALL YOU MY FRIEND AND LOOK FORWARD TO YOUR GRADUATION DAY
    LOVE, YOUR FRIEND, DONNA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go! You've had a lot thrown at you, and it sounds like you've handled it all so well. I've had 10 breast cancer surgeries and 8 rounds of chemo. It isn't easy, is it?

    The 23rd Psalm has gotten me through several valleys of the shadow of death as I believe it has you, too.

    Wishing you all God's blessings,
    Brenda Coffee

    ReplyDelete