Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to all mother's, wherever you may be. You deserve this single, special day each year, and I'm so glad to be here to celebrate it with you. I've been quiet here because I've been trying to regroup - I crashed my computer and lost all my college homework and "stuff" - years of it. I was overwhelmed. And I've had lot's of things to make up in a college class; a presentation, a 16-page paper, and a final. No easy task by any means. But I'm back. :) Today, I'd like to keep this simple and send a special wish to my own mother, who died from cancer when I was 19. I cannot take credit for the poem, but it is just as heartfelt. She was taken from me way too early, but I now understand this disease waits for no one. So Mom, this one's for you:

"If roses grow in heaven, please pick a bunch for me, place them in my mothers arms and tell her they're from me. Tell her that I love and miss her, and when she turns to smile, place a kiss upon her cheek and hold her for a while. Because remembering her is easy, I do it everyday, but there's an ache within my heart that never goes away. HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY MAMA. I LOVE AND MISS YOU!"

No comments:

Post a Comment