Friday, April 2, 2010

A New Month

Hello everyone! Yesterday, I had the privilege of making a special Certificate of Appreciation for the Radiologist who caught my nearly undetectable cancer so early. I had to have another CA15-3 blood test at the VA, so it was a good opportunity for me to take it to him. I also had one for my favorite doc, Linus A., who is kind, compassionate, and caring. Linus wasn't in, so I asked to have it left on his desk where it would be the first thing he saw when he came in this morning. As for Dr. Miller, the Radiologist, he was very touched and even choked up by it. No one had ever come back and done/said anything like that. I hugged him and thanked him for saving my life....he said he would always treasure it. I hope that he shares it so that others will see how much he is appreciated. It was one of those moments, yet again. Part of my plan to not forget to thank and appreciate everyone who has stood by me this last year. One line on the certificate says, "Imagine being truly grateful, then magnify it times a thousand and it still does not come close to the eternal gratitude I will always have toward you."

Next week, I go to Tampa for more follow ups and I have three more certificates. One for Leslie, one for Dr. Perez, and one for my chemo nurses. Every one of these people played an important role in my well-being, both mental and physical during the most challenging time of my life, and this is the only way I know how to thank them.

Originally, I thought they might think it a bit silly, but after seeing Dr. Miller yesterday, I now believe otherwise.

Also, had a special moment with a new little puppy that was welcomed into a co-workers home....I'm adding the picture here. He sure is a little beauty and he just wanted to snuggle with me...awwwww

Wishing you all a very special weekend. This is our holy Easter weekend, where the resurrection of Jesus Christ is celebrated. According to scriptures, he was raised from the dead three days after his death on the cross. With his death, he paid the penalty for sin and for all those believing in him, shall have eternal life in Christ Jesus. Amen to that....Whether or not you believe, may you be filled with a hope and faith to make your every day a memorable one. Hugs to all~

1 comment:

  1. You are looking good and the hair is getting sassafied!! Oh yeah!!
    Love ya!
    Ferell

    ReplyDelete