Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Making Strides

Good morning everyone. The last few days have been uneventful with the exception of some sickness that just goes along with the chemo treatments. I don't focus too much on that here because I truly believe that every person handles chemo differently and as such, I don't want to frighten or mislead anyone into thinking you won't get sick. I would like to think I'm a tough cookie pushing through this. I am committed to kicking its ass, not the other way around. 'Nough said.

Now, to my next little mission. On October 24th, 2009, I will walk in Brevard County's "Making Strides" Breast Cancer walk in Viera. Why is this such a big deal? It's my first walk - as a survivor. I will do this not just for myself, but for my sister, my mother, my cousins, and every other woman who has been affected by this horrible disease. My team's name is "Barry's Angels" - and we represent Barry University, where I attained my Bachelor's Degree. These are awesome women who have all been affected by breast cancer.

I've committed to donating/raising $100.....will you help me attain that by supporting me w/a $1 donation? If you can't, I understand, but having gone through this, I now know so much more than I ever thought I would. It's expensive, it kills, mammograms save lives (I'm a poster child for that!), and it is a sisterhood like no other.

Wishing you all a beautiful day....and as Mother Teresa once said, "I know that God will not give me anything more than I can handle, but I just wish he didn't trust me so much"......

2 comments:

  1. Of course, I will. I think you are beautiful woman!


    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd like to contact you about contributing to a new online magazine on the topic of breast cancer. Please email me at publisher "at" menforacausemagazine "dot" com.

    Thanks
    Cassi

    ReplyDelete