Monday, June 6, 2011

A big weekend

Well, June 2d was my two year anniversary since being diagnosed with breast cancer. It allowed me time for reflection on my life, this blog, and where I want to go and what I want to do. For starters, I signed up for a cruise.

I also graduated with a Dual Master's degree from Webster U. An accomplishment I've waited pretty much all my life for. :) At the graduation, the President of Webster, Dr. Beth Stroble, even said some kind words about me that were totally unexpected. When I got up to meet her and take my photo with her to receive my diploma, she said she was glad to finally meet me....wow, I was thinking the same thing about her.

I also took a photo with Jen Arnold and Bill Klein. Bill's dad was another student / friend in school. Great guy with a great sense of humor. I wanted the photo with them sort of as a reminder that of the things we go through in our own journeys, some endure a lifetime of challenges....If you haven't seen them yet, you can catch them on TLC, the show is called "Little Couple". Wishing them the very best in all that they do.

No more school....until I start teaching...yay for baby steps...

No comments:

Post a Comment