Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Busy is GOOD

Well, the New Year began with a bang - figuratively and literally! :) The fireworks woke me up which was good because I love to watch the ball drop and they were also beautiful to watch as I looked outside my window. I thought to myself how much I would miss these kind of treasured moments so I take them in and commit them to memory....and shortly thereafter I fell back to sleep. LOL!

New Year's Day, I went to bingo with my sister and won.... $1,000...now THAT'S the way to start the year off right! Off course we always split and she held up her end and won a few times both that night and the next day so we did good! We spend a lot, but when you hit on that kind of jackpot - it is sweet!

I'm also in what I think will be the very hardest class of my Master's Degree Program. Finance for Managers. I took Statistics in my BPA to AVOID anymore math classes...lucky me. To make it worse, I'm taking TWO classes!!! I'm a sucker for punishment I guess. Actually, when I found out I had cancer, I had to take a semester off and then only took one class at a time. Now that I'm feeling better, I am determined to graduate in May and walk across that stage with my boys in the audience. They are, after all, the very core of my life and why I do everything I do. I want them to realize that no matter what, they can do whatever they put their minds to...and they know that - this is just reinforcement. ;) And you, this is your reminder that YOU too can do anything you set your mind to do. Think and be positive and it will be so.

I think after graduation I might like to write a book - maybe a motivational book for cancer patients. I'd prefer to be a motivational (and fun)(not funny per se) speaker, but I don't know yet...Choices. That's what I like. I will have the opportunity to choose....and of course, I'll share it with you.

Being on the mend and being busy is good. It makes me feel good and alive. And that is something I want to do a whole lot more of....Cheers to a great new year!! hugs to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment