Thursday, December 16, 2010

Lucky 7

This morning I had my "Lucky 7" - seventh surgery that is. They finally worked on reconstructing my nipples. I was wide awake for the entire thing - now THAT was different. A little freaky for someone like me. I don't like blood and guts - especially my own. BUT, as usual, they did a fine job.....thought I might just wrap myself up, slap a bow on me for a Merry Christmas!! LOL!

It certainly will be merry. After all, how could it not be? I am here and I have the ability to help myself and hopefully help, or at least lift the spirits of others, too.

This Christmas, I bought for a young girl, 3 years old and it brought me such great joy. I remember being that little girl some years ago. Dirt poor and nothing for Christmas but a dinner - which was fine for me because we didn't know anything else.

As you get tossed about in the Christmas rush, I hope you remember the true meaning of why we celebrate. So much has gotten lost in gift giving instead of being thankful and honoring our good Lord who gives us so much and who was born and died for us.

Wishing you safe travels and a peaceful holiday season.

No comments:

Post a Comment