Monday, November 9, 2009

New Day New Music

Friday was a tough day, but I'm holding my own and keeping the faith. This weekend, I heard a new song by Kenny Chesney and Dave Matthews called "I'm Alive". It is a beautiful song and it reminded me to be grateful for the littlest of things. I am alive......I've posted the video and song here to the right so you can listen to it.

As I think about it, when I first found out I had breast cancer, Miley Cyrus came out with "The Climb" and I couldn't listen to it without crying because I had an idea of drastically my life was to change because my sister Pam had already been through it. Well, I've survived the climb up only to luckily be walking on the down slope with hope. And now, with absolute perfect timing comes "I'm Alive".

Wow, God knew I needed a special message and HE sent it to me. The message of hope I have for everyone today is to listen to the little messages God sends you. Hopefully, it will be something quiet, gentle, and nurturing and you will know that HE is talking to you. I heard him. Lucky me.....

2 comments:

  1. Arla, I am so sorry for your set back... but know it is only temporary and you will bounce back with avengence. Someone sent this link to me and I thought of you......please pass it on to others ....
    Cleaning for a Reason - If you know any woman currently undergoing Chemo, please pass the word to her that there is a cleaning service that provides FREE
    housecleaning - 1 time per month for 4 months while she is in treatment.

    All she has to do is sign up and have her doctor fax a note confirming the treatment.

    Cleaning for a Reason will have a participating maid service in her zip code area arrange for the service. http://www.cleaningforareason.org

    I hope you can take the time to rest and relax....give your mind and body a chance to catch up with itself....
    Please let me know if you need anything.
    Your friend, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. you have been touched by more angels than you know....

    You are truly special and a one of a kind person. You are an incredible woman and I am proud to know you!

    your friend,
    M

    ReplyDelete