Thursday, March 12, 2015

Has it been that long?

I guess maybe it has. As time has crept by, I thankfully have continued to be NED (No Evidence of Disease).  That does not mean I have been without ailments because I have had my share.  Just not the "C" word - thank God!!!

In celebration of my five years cancer free, my son Brad took me on another cruise with a bucket list item to check off - meeting Trace Atkins.  We were front row and before the concert I DID get to hug him and take a picture with him along with Brad and my ex-mother-in-law.  We took her along as she NEVER has gone on a ship, been to a concert or anything like that.  So actually, giving to her was like a check on the bucket list as well because she had a great time.

I did have a scare with vertigo and at times it still gets to me.  What I found out is that like 85% of the other folks who get it, it is fairly easily fixable, but usually comes back.  After MRIs and such, I was sent to an audiologist who said my "Crystals had come loose and needed to be reset".  In other words, I was officially a dizzy blonde.  After a quick and painless 20 minutes, I was free to go and not dizzy.  Point of this is if you get vertigo, have your doctor check your crystals (ear crystals).

My son is getting married this year. I am so excited to be gaining a daughter!!  She is wonderfully brilliant, talented and beautiful.  Additionally, I am an honorary Gigi to a coming baby, Zander.  And yes, he will surely be spoiled.  Both occasions are scheduled to take place within a month or so of each other.

I have had to fight with VA to get my chest tattooed.  It has been a battle.  The people they sent me to have done one layer of tattooing and I don't know how well it will turn out but it is all I have been offered.  Just keeping my fingers crossed.  Better something than nothing, huh?

Anyway, wishing all of you out there fighting the battle to keep your chin up - to God.  He has your six and knows your plan.  Keep the faith in all that you do and help your body heal.  Eat right, play right, and stay right in your heart.  God bless for many healthy days ahead!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Aria, I'm Lindsey! I would love to speak with you in regards to your journey in overcoming breast cancer. Could you please email me when you have a chance? Thanks so much. I look forward to hearing from you :)

    lindseyDOTcaldwellATrecallcenterDOTcom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cured of TNBC!
    I want to take this time out as a cancer survivor to encourage women out there still suffering from this with my story on how i got a cure. The sad news about it is that i was diagnosed on my 36th birthday in 2008 and with stage 3 TNBC which after i made research was a very aggressive form of cancer at that point i decided and told myself i was going to die and that the end has finally come. All my life i never thought of having breast cancer because i was very active and i worked out at the gym several times every week and my diet was okay. In my search for a cure after 6 years of diagnosis and even after chemo which i did twice spending thousands of dollars but to no avail, until a church member told me all about Dr Aleta a herbal doctor that specializes in treating TNBC, who could help me with a permanent cure, i doubted this at first but i later gave it a try following her methods and instructions. It took 3 months and after it all i felt normal but still went for diagnosis and i was clean today i am proud to say i am a cancer survivor no nodes and i am totally free the new diagnosis confirmed it. Do not die in silence or ignorance reach her on aletedwin@gmail.com don't be shy just speak to her today.

    ReplyDelete