Sunday, November 21, 2010

It's Been Awhile

It's been a bit since I've made a post, but I've been busy with work and school and getting ready for Christmas. I've almost finished up everything. Going out on Black Friday will be just for the beauty of enjoy the adrenalin rush......and the chaos of watching people as they run around like ants.

I have four, not two classes to finish my degree. I so thought I was going on my last set...oh well...I WILL knock these out and graduate in May. I have to, I want my boys to watch me walk across that stage taking my dual master's degree...AND having done it all the while I've been ill. I want them to know they can do anything they put their hearts and minds into doing.

Received other recognition I was not aware of. The National Health Review posted our stories (six women from the Making Strides Makeover) in their magazine. Janet sent me the link which gives a brief paragraph on each of us, then the link to read each of our stories. The only thing they goofed on was our names - they totally messed those up. What I like about the publicity is that I hope it finds its way into the hands of another woman who may be going through this, and that maybe, just maybe, she won't feel so alone in her journey. If you are interesting in seeing it, please go to:

http://www.nationalhealthreview.net/

for the magazine and click on

http://www.nationalhealthreview.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=229:acs-extreme-makeover-winners-essays&catid=82

if you'd like to read our stories.

Leslie, my favorite ARNP in Tampa will be coming forth with a link on Facebook called F4...It will be designed to allow women - and men - to do risk assessments on themselves for breast cancer. You input your information and it provides you with the information straight up that you need to know and what you can do to help yourself. The best part - all can be done right from the privacy of your own home - FREE. She is hoping that its up and running (pending the patent now) in the next month or two. Remember this post in a couple of months then check it out and send it on when its up and running. I promise you, you will be helping someone else.

Well, time for housecleaning and school work (ugghh)! Have a great week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment