Tuesday, July 21, 2009

It's Time

Well, it is time. My son and I are getting ready to leave for Tampa where they will inject dye into my breast. I will spend 2-3 hours afterward trying to rub it in and push it towards the lymph nodes area. Sounds a little weird considering medical advances today, but what will be will be. My modesty is about shot anyway.

Yesterday, I spent the day with my children and knowing they are here with me makes this walk a little easier. My heart raced a little bit as we spoke of what is to come and no matter how I dread it, I feel there is no other choice. I choose life and my children so this is my charge.

In the past month, I've spent a lot of time reflecting on how blessed my life has been. From the people I have loved, to the ones I have been friends with, and those that I work with - which I also consider to be my friends. I've been around the world and have received amazing recognition for my efforts. From Miss Teen New York to Soldier of the Year, to most recently Barry University's Dean Award winner. But the biggest most valuable treasures I've ever received are my children. They are my true joy.

Carrying you all with me in spirit the next few days. Until my return.....

6 comments:

  1. God Speed my friend.......You will be in my thoughts and prayers more than ever the next few days. Concentrate on the task at hand and put this cancer "AT EASE"....
    Until your return!!!
    Love, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. "R",

    We will be there with you and for you during this surgery and throughout your recovery. I love you!
    Sherry & Ferell

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just read your update that you posted. I will be checking the blog several times tomorrow. I just know all is going to work out and they will make you into the Jamie Summers bionic women, you will be better than you were before, stonger than before, faster than you were before etc etc.
    Remember, One War, One Spartan.HUA.

    Wing Man

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been thinking about you for days - you are in my constant prayers and thoughts. I'll be keeping a watch on you - a speedy recovery. I'll just keeping watching the blog page - Helen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Debbie Loveday-KarnerJuly 21, 2009 at 5:20 PM

    I've been praying every day for you!! God is with you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Arla,
    Just want you to know I am still reading your blog. Today, At 4:00 am, I woke up thinking of you and feeling the need to pray for you. I will continue doing so. Our Lord Jesus is interceding for you in prayer to the Father. Jesus knows your fears, and your pain, and He knows your boys still need you. He has much for you to do in this life. He is not finished with you in this life. He is using you to accomplish work for His kingdom. Our bodies really are just shells, and like you said, they are on loan to us while we are here on earth. But, I really do believe that you will be whole in every respect after the sickness is removed from your body. Your recovery time will be a time where you can get much needed rest and the Lord comforts and sustains you. I cannot imagine anyones arms I would rather have comforting me than the Lord's. You have to know that He has His hand upon you, Arla. He chose you to be His ...long ago. He loves you so, so, much. In Ephesians 1:3-8 it is said that we (who believe in Christ and have asked Him to come into our hearts and be our Savior) are: chosen, blessed, forgiven, redeemed, and accepted. You ARE HIS! He promises us He will never leave us Joshua 1:5, He will sustain us and rescue us Isaiah 46:4 He will strengthen us, help us and uphold us Isaiah 41:10 and he has engraved us on the palms of His hands Isaiah 49:16. And, in Genesis 28:15 He says He is with us and will watch over us wherever we go.
    So, you hold on to His promises. I pray that He will guide your surgeons hands and the hands of those who will be caring for you during this hospital stay. You WILL make it through this.
    I love you,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete